The mining and trading of rare metals such as tin，tantalum，tungsten and gold in The Democratic Republic of the Congo(DRC) and neighboring countries：Angola，Burundi，The Central African Republic，The Republic of Congo，Rwanda，South Sudan、Tanzania，Uganda and Zambia，has caused serious social and environmental harm as well as，directly or indirectly，financing and/or benefiting the armed groups that lead to long-term conflict in those areas, this is why the term “Conflict Minerals” comes out.
The principle for conflict minerals policy of ANHUI TATFOOK TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd. and branch and subsidiary company(hereinafter referred to as Tatfook), is that we understand and value human rights and environmental issues related to conflict minerals , comply with CFSI and《OECD guidelines for the due diligence practices from the supply chain in the areas of conflict impact and high risk》; Tatfook and all of our suppliers and/or subcontractors only source from smelters and refineries approved or certified by either the CFS, the LBMA or Responsible Jewelry Council (RJC) program, in order not to directly or indirectly finance or benefit the areas impacted by the armed conflict ,to ensure minerals are mined and traded under responsible conditions that support human rights and environment in conflict areas.
- Establishing a due diligence program to assist us in eliminating non-humanitarian conflict minerals and to provide permits on covered countries as many legal miners depend on the extract and trade of conflict minerals for their living
- Working on push towards conflict-free sourcing. When products and component includes certain metals concerned with conflict minerals, at least the due diligence information at product level is in demand.
- Providing necessary instructions or training to purchaser and supply chain.
- Selecting and pushing supply chain through supply audit/assessment to prevent the use of conflict minerals, to set conflict-free policy and to submit due diligence practice report.
- Setting proper rules for review of origin, including purchasing document management and improvement for non-conformance.
- Giving publicity to our suppliers，employees，clients and investors about our ethics code, purchasing policy and internal control for implementation of them.
- Supporting clients’s effort for complying with the related legal requirement, through taking due diligence activities and submitting the reports.